MASTERS OF SCIENCE IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (BY RESEARCH) - EH750
The master program offered is a research based program whereby the MSc degree is awarded upon completion of the research project which was carried out with close supervision by qualified academics. The candidates will have the opportunity to familiarize with current tools and technologies used by chemical engineers and researchers. Assessment is based on a viva voce and examination of the final thesis. The candidates are also expected to publish their research findings in conferences or journals. The research may be carried out either on a full-time or part-time basis. Candidates may choose any of the four niche research areas as shown below:
- Biotechnology and Engineering with focus areas including but not limited to Biocatalyst and Biobased Materials, Bioreactor and Biochemical Engineering and Food Science and Engineering
- Material Technology and Engineering with focus areas including but not limited to Nanomaterial and Catalyst, Particle Engineering Technology, Polymer Technology, Surface Coating and Self-Assembly Technology.
- Environment and Process Engineering with focus areas including but not limited to Air Pollution Engineering, Process System Engineering, Process Safety, Herbal Downstream Processing and Separation Technology.
- Energy Technology and Engineering with focus areas including but not limited to Microwave Technology, Renewable Energy and Advanced Chemical Technology, Hydrocarbon Processing, Fluid Transport Technology and Well Technology.
- A Bachelor degree from Faculty of Chemical Engineering UiTM or Chemical Engineering Bachelor Degree from any institution of higher learning recognized by the UiTM senate with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; or
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering/Technology Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 from any other recognised university; or
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering/Technology degrees with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 from any other recognised university with experience in relevant areas.